Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Gluten Free Banana Bread

I've found a delicious gluten free recipe for banana bread! My ten month old loves this for breakfast or just for a snack. It's the perfect texture for him. Thanks to Julia at http://www.fatgirltrappedinaskinnybody.com


Paleo Banana Bread
Ingredients
  • 3 very ripe bananas (about 1 ½ cups) mashed
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp almond extract (optional, but we love it!)
  • 1 tablespoon honey (agave or maple would work too)
  • ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
  • 2 cups almond meal (I get mine at Trader Joe’s)
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan.
Add the bananas, eggs, vanilla, honey and coconut oil in a food processor and pulse until the ingredients are combined.
Add in almond flour, salt and baking soda and pulse a few times.
Dump batter into a greased loaf pan.
*I used a 4×8 inch pan. The larger the pan, the flatter the loaf will be, so use a smaller loaf pan to add height to your bread.
Bake for 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan.
Remove from the pan, slice and serve.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
I used a metal loaf pan and cooked mine for 45 minutes. Just keep checking it with a toothpick every few minutes after the 40 minute mark so it doesn't get too done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment